Sunday 9 April 2017

Week 13: Additional Post (Bonus)




    I believe that preparation is key when you want to achieve a solid presentation. A presenter can feel confident when presenting because of the fact that he or she is well prepared. In this post, I'm going to give you a walk through on the learning process that my team and I went through while preparing for the presentation for our project.

    Firstly, my team and I learned how critical it was to ensure that our content for our presentation to be concise and well organized. This was important because we do not want to have wordy slides that could cause our audience to doze off or get bored. We wanted their utmost attention. It was also important to have well organized slides so that our audience could follow the flow of  our presentation.

    Secondly, I believe that in a presentation, verbal and non-verbal communication are both being constantly observed by the audience. One should never focus solely on one of the aspects and ignore the other. While practicing on our verbal communication, my team and I learned how we could make use of non-verbal cues to support what we want to say during the presentation. For example, the presenter could raise his pointing finger or both his pointing and middle finger to further support his statement of ''one'' or ''two''. In my opinion, this allows the audience to have better visual aid on the presenter statement. We practiced our verbal and non-verbal communication by presenting and giving constructive feedback to one another.

    Lastly, my team and I learned how teamwork is vital in order for us to complete every aspect of the presentation. The task given to us could not be completed by one person alone. Furthermore, given the limited time that my team and I had in our course, we needed all the help that we could get from each other. There were several conflicts and issues that we faced while going through our presentation slides as well as during our presentation practice. However, we learned to cooperate, managed conflicts better and actively listen to one another.

    In summary, every aspect of the preparation was important in order for my team and I to confidently present our project on the actual day. For this project, I have experienced several issues that requires every communication skills that we had went through in this course from week 1 till week 13. These experiences have made me realized how important these lessons were since there will be more projects introduced in the following years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment